It's been a while...

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Finally, a card!  My MOJO has been MIA for the last while.  Sometimes you just can't seem to put things together the way you'd like.  So it's rather appropriate that I used the MOJO Monday sketch for this card today, don't you think?

I've taken a great deal of liberty with the fabulous sketch by Carole Burrage:



This card is also for the Verve Anni-VERVE-sary 2012 Challenges Day 1 over at Splitcoast.  It's a color challenge using pink, brown and green.  So I dug through my paper stash and came up with an oldie but a goodie pack of paper.

I've used the Verve Ribbon Banner die peeking out from behind the sentiment panel but chose not to extend it like the sketch.  And then I used the Verve Rounded Scallop Frame die and placed it over the sentiment panel at an angel.  Another Verve A Cut Above die was used for the butterfly.  It's been popped up with a dimensional.  Then for some sparkle...6 pink rhinestones.  Funny though, the picture looks like three rhinestones and three pearls for some reason...sigh...sometimes pictures don't turn out either :)

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Basic Grey Sultry, SU! Rose Red, and SU! Early Espresso
Ink:  SU! Early Espresso
Stamps:  Verve Kind Words and Verve All Aflutter Plain Jane
All the other stuff: Big Shot Pro, Verve A Cut Above Ribbon Banner die, Verve A Cut Above Rounded Scallop Frame die, Verve A Cut Above All Aflutter die set, misc. pink rhinestones

Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

3 comments

  1. FABulous card! I love how you positioned the sentiment panel through the frame. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I love the way you tucked that frame in there. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!