Christmas Mitten Tag

Friday, August 24, 2012

This is my final submission for the Anni-VERVE-sary celebrations going on at Splitcoast and on the Verve site.  Our challenge was to make anything but a card.

I started out with using a die to make my tag.  The reinforcements were cut with a contrasting paper.  The mittens are also die cut.  Cute paper hmm?  Looks like they've actually been knit.  It's an oldie but a goodie from my vast (!!!!) paper stash.  Then the tops of the mittens are die cut in a contrasting paper.  The little mittens are hand cut.

A few buttons, some string, some ribbon and done.  But what about the back of the tag?


I simply back the tag with more die cut mittens, added a couple of little button images and the "to" and from"

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Basic Black and DaisyD designer paper
Ink:  SU! Cherry Cobbler and Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps:  Verve Winter Mittens and Verve Glad Tidings
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Sizzix Tag and Bookplate die, Spellbinder's Nested Mittens die, SU! Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Hug Snug Black seam binding, Becca's Peg Bow Maker, MFT buttons, SU! button, twine, embroidery thread

Verve products can be found here.

Have a great weekend my friends!

2 comments

  1. LOVE this! I am determined to make Christmas tags this year!!! This challenge has certainly shown some great inspiration :) LOVE this tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just fabulous! Love those mittens and your ribbon tails are jut perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!