Bright and Sparkling

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A quick and easy card today my blog friends.  This is for some of the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges over at Splitcoast.

I simply used my Scor-Pal to dry emboss some lines at the bottom of the card.  Then I stamped two sizes of the flower in two different colors and used two full and one half rhinestones for the centers.  How did I get half a rhinestone you ask?  Just used my heavy duty scissors.  But beware of flying half rhinestones!  Don't say I didn't warn you! 

The seam binding has been hand-dyed and simply knotted.  A quick stamp of the sentiment and done!

If you haven't tried hand-dying your own seam binding try it.  I use a craft sheet...add a few swipes of the ink pad...spritz it with a little water and then scrunch up my seam binding, soaking up all the ink and water.  A word of caution...this is messy!  I keep a supply of medical examination gloves around for messy jobs like this...unless you like orange hands???  LOL!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Heavyweight Base card stock
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Ripe Persimmon and  Worn Lipstick as well as Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps:  Verve Hope Blooms (yes, I'm stuck on Verve these days and that's not a bad thing!)
All the other stuff:
Scor-Pal, Snug Hug Seam Binding, gloves, craft sheet, misc. rhinestones, Tim Holtz Non-Stick Micro Serrated Scissors

Hope you have a terrific Thursday!

3 comments

  1. I place the comment for this card on the one above. Now want to say how I love the honeycombed background and great layers in background with black and yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully done! So clean looking!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!