Bold Colorful Life

Monday, August 27, 2012

A card for August Viva la Verve! week two challenge.  Here's the sketch my card is based on:




OK, so with the paper stash I've got you'd think I'd just pull some paper from that for my cards right?  No...I love making my own papers just as much as using what's in my stash.  The paper on the large panel behind the sentiment was made like this: 

Step one - I stamped the various images from Verve's Sunny Day's stamp set in black on a plain sheet of white card stock.  Turning your stamps and making sure that you stamp off the page really adds to the look.
Step two - Next the 6 x 6 harlequin template was placed over the stamped paper and was sponged in three different shades of ink.
Step three - The last step is to ink up the background stamp in the lightest shade of ink and again stamp over top of the same paper. 

Not difficult at all and lots of fun.  You can experiment with all sorts of stamps, templates, background stamps and colors and make a wide range of very unique papers.

I've matted all my papers on black.  The dotted paper is actually a designer paper that picked up on the light plum color of my hand made paper so it works.  Both the card base and the sentiment panel were sponged with the same template in the lightest shade of ink.

The flowers were stamped and hand-cut.  Some Stickles were added to the center of the buttons for a little bit of bling.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! retired paper (orange tone), SU! Basic Black, SU! Whisper White and MME A Beautiful Life
Ink:  Versafine in Onyx Black and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon and Dusty Concord
Stamps:  Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card in Canvas, Verve Sunny Days and Verve Words of Wisdom
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Spellbinder's nested pennants, SU! corner rounder punch, Crafter's Workshop Mini Harlequin 6 x 6 template, sponges, MFT buttons, Orange Peel Stickles

I'm so happy you joined me today!









1 comment

  1. Such a fun card! Love all the stamping and the different lengths and sizes of pennants!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!