Sometimes Paper Speaks to Me

Don't you find that some papers just really speak to you?  I've been hoarding this paper for a while and decided it was time to use it.  This fabulous sketch from the amazing Amy Sheffer was just the right layout for showcasing this paper:
Yes, I turned it on it's side!

The various layers of designer papers were distressed and inked.  The second layer of designer paper has been stamped with a Verve image using the rock 'n roll technique.  If you haven't tried it, it's very easy...simply ink your stamp with a lighter shade of ink and then touch the edges with a darker shade of ink.  I love this cool look!

The fan-shaped piece of paper has been distressed by wetting it, then crumpling it and folding it into a fan shape before drying it with my heat gun.  Then it was wrapped with some twine and I also glued a button on top.  I used one of my favorite tools ever on my buttons...a button-shank remover.  Cuts the back off so you can glue the buttons down very easily.

A stamped leafy sprig has been placed between the layers of the sentiment piece for a little more interest. And I stamped off the same image used on the mid-sized rectangle before stamping it on the designer paper behind the sentiment.

And there you have it!  Whoo hoo!  My July Verve sketches are now complete!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU Basic Black, Soft Suede and Naturals Ivory, and Prima Printery
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap and Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Verve Sunny Days and Verve Kind Words
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Verve Leafy Sprigs Die, Spellbinder's Lacy Circles, Spellbinder's Circles, Tim Holtz Accoutrements, twine, distressing tool, sponge, water mister, heat gun, dimensionals

Have a wonderful week everyone!