CAS - Live the Life...

Friday, July 27, 2012

When I looked at the Verve CAS sketch that Andrea provided this week, there was no doubt what my design would be: 


Did a little shopping on the Verve website earlier this month...couldn't help myself...there's a sale...what can I say?  So I pulled out two of my new sets for this sketch.

Simple stamping with several of the stamps in three different colors.  The sentiment has been cut out with a Spellbinder's die.  I stamped off the the sprig image before stamping and then over stamped with the sentiment.  Then the edges were sponged a little.  The oval has been popped up with dimensionals.

Easy peasy right?  Well, if truth be known it took me several tries for this card...CAS isn't always so simple!  LOL!  The first card I made was to my liking and I was ready to take my photo of it, only to discover a big ink smudge in the upper right corner.  And with a CAS design it was really difficult to say..oh well...an opportunity for embellishment right? So into the circular file and I started again.  Took me six tries but finally came up with something I'm happy with.  Therefore in this case CAS was clean and definitely not so simple!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Solar White
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Dusty Concord, Bundled Sage and Faded Jeans
Stamps:  Verve Sunny Days and Verve Words of Wisdom
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Spellbinder's ovals, sponge, dimensionals

Hope you have a wonderful weekend everyone!  Thanks so much for joining me today!

3 comments

  1. Nice card! Sometimes you can erase the smudges with SU white erasers that come in the chalks. I love those! They have saved my card more than once.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!