Sympathy Card

Unfortunately, I needed to make a sympathy card today.  I've used the Viva la Verve June Week 3 sketch for my card.  It's supposed to be a CAS (clean and simple) design but I've kind of stretched the boundaries on this.

I've used a regular 4.25" x 5.5" card base for this, added a layer of black card stock, followed by the striped ticking style designer paper.  Next I matted a coordinating rectangle of card stock on black.  Underneath that is another coordinating solid of piece of designer paper for the sentiment.  I didn't have an oval punch the exact size I wanted for the black matting behind the butterfly.  So I simply slid one oval down over another to create just the right size and placed the butterfly strategically on top of it to hide the overlap.  Next is another oval piece of a coordinating designer paper.

Then I used a black rhinestone swirl to tie to the rectangles together and to mimic a butterfly's flight path so to speak.  Next is a stamped and die cut butterfly.  A simple sentiment is stamped on the lower rectangle.

Here's the recipe:
Paper:  Stampin' Up! Sahara Sand and Basic Black; Lost & Found Sunshine designer paper
Ink:  Versafine in Onyx Black
Stamps:  Verve All Aflutter and Making a Statement
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Verve All Aflutter A Cut Above Die, oval punch, Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones, dimensionals

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!