Man Up


Over at Splitcoast Stampers yesterday the Ways to Use It Challenge #379 called for masculine cards.  So with Father's Day just around the corner that definitely fit into this stamper's plans!

I stamped my image and then lightly colored it with Copics, highlighting the vehicle and flower.  Then I used Ranger Glossy Accents on the windshield and headlights which unfortunately doesn't show up very well in my photo.

For my background, I dry embossed by paper with a wood grain embossing folder.  Next using the direct-to-paper technique I added Pumice Stone and then Weathered Wood Distress Inks, spritzed it with water, then added spots of Walnut Stain, Picket Fence and Weathered Wood Distress Stains.  Then the edges were distressed.

Recipe:
Paper:  Stampin' Up! Naturals White and Early Espresso
Ink:  Ranger Distress Inks in Weathered Wood and Pumice Stone
Stamps:  Stampington & Co. The Car
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro; Tim Holtz Wood Grain embossing folder; distressing tool; Ranger Glossy Accents; Ranger Distress Stain in Weathered Wood, Picket Fence, Walnut Stain; Copics:  T1, T3, T5 (car); RV93, RV95, RV99 and BG93, BG96 (flower/leaves)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!