Look Ma...No Designer Paper!

Monday, June 25, 2012

At least it's not purchased designer paper.  It's hand made..

This is my final card for the June Verve Challenges...and I'm done early.  What the heck is up with that?

It's fun to make your own designer paper.  With all the stamps available and the myriad of inks, it's amazing what you can make!  I chose to make my paper in simple black and white today.

I stamped several different images from this Verve set on a white sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper.  Then, I chose the area that I liked best and used it.  When you're making your own papers, remember to stamp some images off the edges and to keep turning your stamps.  This really makes a difference in how your paper will turn out!

Next, I cut two squares of black card stock and ran them through my Big Shot Pro with an embossing folder.  Then tiny pearls were added to the center of the lattice pieces.  These squares were then mounted on slightly larger squares of red card stock.

The sentiment was stamped on a circle that's layered over another nestie that's got a nice open, airy look to it.  A little flower has been stamped in black on the red card stock and die cut.  A larger pearl adorns the center.

I've been "bow challenged" forever and have purchased several bow making instruments, but the one I used today is a keeper for sure.  It's the Becca's Peg Bow Maker and I find it foolproof.  Yes, I can finally make a bow (doing the happy dance)!!! 

Here's the recipe:
Paper:  Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Whisper White and Real Red
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Stampin' Up! Real Red
Stamps:  Verve Bloom and Grow
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Circle and Picot Edge Circle Nestabilities, Verve A Cut Above Dies, Couture Creations Tied Together Embossing Folder, Hug Snug Seam Binding in Lipstick Red, misc. pearls, dimensionals and Becca's Peg Bow Maker

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!