The Best Things In Life...

Thursday, June 28, 2012

An entry for the My Favorite Things Weekly Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoast. 

A larger card this time; it's 5" x 6.5", and something that I don't do very often.  But, with this sketch I wanted to play with a larger format.

First of all I distressed and inked the large piece of designer paper before matting it over top of black card stock.  I added a piece of solid designer paper cut with a border die to the back of the patterned paper and then cut another piece with the border die and reversed it across the bottom of the card.

Next comes a coordinating piece of designer paper, again matted against the black card stock.  It too was distressed and inked.  Then I cut two of the leafy flourishes, one in black and one in the mauve colored designer paper.  They were glued together slightly off center to look like the flourish had a shadow.

The sentiment has been stamped with chalk ink on some chalkboard paper and popped up with dimensionals.  And finally, the little flower embellies are cut once in the solid designer paper and once in the black card stock and layered.  They too have been popped up with dimensionals.

Recipe:
Paper:  Stampin' Up! Basic Gray and Basic Black; and Basic Grey Plumeria; and Canvas Corp. Chalkstock
Ink:  VersaMagic Chalk Ink in Spring Pansy
Stamps:  My Favorite Things Vertical Greetings II
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro; My Favorite Things Die-namics:  Solid Bracket Border, Vertical Greetings II, Leafy Flourish and Botanical Beauty; distressing tool, dimensionals, glue

Have a fabulous Friday everyone!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!