Hurray for Holly

Friday, April 27, 2012

Over at Splitcoast today, it's our Queen for the Day Challenge; and today we honor queen Holly.  Holly's work is absolutely exquisite!  I've taken the general layout from one of her cards to CASE today.

I started out with my usual card base in an A2 size.  Next comes a layer of deeper colored card stock, followed by a slightly smaller piece of designer paper that's been distressed and sponged with both Pear Pizzazz and Soft Suede.  I love this designer paper from Prima...such gorgeous designs and colors!

Two smaller pieces of designer paper, both matted onto the deeper colored card stock come next.  Again, these strips have been distressed and sponged.  Then I placed two pieces of ribbon down the left side of the card.  Next, for a little bling...some black adhesive rhinestones in a cool swirl pattern that I think mimics the flight of the butterflies.

I used a couple of different sized nesties to make the round piece that tops the card.  This has been sponged also.  And finally, the sentiment simply stamped on the lower right corner of the card.

Here's what I used today:
Paper:  SU Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede and Prima Sun Kiss
Ink:  SU Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede and Versafine in Onyx Black
Stamps:  Impression Obsession (butterfly) and My Sentiments Exactly (sentiment)
Accessories:  Big Shot Pro, large and small circle nesties, ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, sponges, distressing tool, Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones, adhesive

Have a fabulous Friday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!