Tim's Tags - Day Three

Saturday, December 3, 2011


Another day...another tag. This one is based on this Tim Holtz Twelve Tags of Christmas - Day Three Tag.

I've taken a much more feminine approach to this tag, it's all in creams and pinks and has a whole lot of shimmer that's again really hard to photograph. And, again, in keeping with my plan of using what I have I did not run off to Mike's to buy something. Although I was really tempted...LOL!

It all starts out with a die cut tag in ivory. Next the tag was dry embossed with one of Tim's embossing folders. Then, the raised lettering was sanded with a sanding block and lightly touched with the Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I varied the amount of ink on the raised lettering so that some areas are darker than others. Next I took some Distress Stickles and rubbed them here and there across the raised lettering. Then hit the tag with the heat gun until they were dry. I also spritzed the card with some Glimmer Mist for even more shine. And, the edges were distressed with a distressing tool and more Spun Sugar Distress Ink.

Next comes a die cut piece of the same ivory card stock. I tapped the Antique Linen Distress Ink on my non-stick craft mat and spritzed it with water before dipping the die cut in it. Then it too was spritzed with Glimmer Mist and dried with my heat gun.

I used the same method to tea stain my piece of lace with the Antique Linen Distress Ink and again the same method to die a piece of white seam binding in the Spun Sugar Distress Ink. When I went looking through my pearls, I discovered that I didn't have matching ones...some were white and some were ivory. Yes, a trip to Mike's seemed to be in order but...Copics saved the day! I simply colored my pearls all the same color with a Copic marker. Whew!

The pin was partially strung with beads, crystals and silver spacers and woven through the ribbon. Then I completed the pin and placed an end cap on it. Wouldn't want to "stick" my gift recipient would I? LOL


Recipe:

Paper: Gina K. Ivory Base Weight Card Stock

Ink: Spun Sugar Distress Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink

Stamps: none

Accessories: Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplates die, Tim Holtz Ornate die, Tim Holtz Christmas Background and Borders embossing folders, misc. pearls, Copic marker - E57, Glimmer Mist in Old Lace, Distress Stickles in Antique Linen, Stampin' Up! Pretties Kit (retired), Snug Hug Seam Binding, Melissa Frances lace, Prima velvet ribbon, non-stick craft mat, heat gun, water mister, distressing tool, sponges

Have a super Saturday!

4 comments

  1. Nice tag! Good thing you were able to save the trip; going to Michael's would put you behind at least a couple hours.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lee-Anne, I am so inspired with this tag. And thanks for all the details..I will definitely be doing a pink tag. I love those trims, and how you made the Seasons Greetings so prominent with the pastel color. Oh and that fancy stick pin too...and the Copics on the pearls...beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee-Ann, this is so adorable! I love the colour scheme, hmmm....off to find pastel shades. Anna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!