Tim's Tags - Day One

Thursday, December 1, 2011


It's day one of the amazing Tim Holtz Twelve Tags of Christmas and I'm playing along today.
Here's Tim's tag.

I'm enamoured with all things Tim. And, yes, while I do own some of his products, I don't have each and every product to re-create Tim's tag. Hmm...this could be just the time to pick up more of his products but I'll be using what I have. That's just fine...his tag's for inspiration and so this is what I've come up with.

My tag's been cut with his tag die. It was dry embossed with a snowflake embossing folder. Next I tapped a white craft ink pad over the raised areas of the embossing. Then, it was heat embossed with SU Iridescent Ice. Next, the edges were distressed with a distressing tool and sponged lightly with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. A little bit of the distressing ink was lightly dabbed here and there over the entire tag too.

The sentiment, is really sparkly IRL, however I just couldn't capture all the sparkle on this with my camera. Wish you could see it! The letters are chipboard and have been painted with an Acrylic Paint Dabber in Snow Cap, then dipped in Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter and glued to the tag with Crafters Pick Glue.

The spray at the bottom has been created with Tim's Festive Greenery Die in a couple of different colors - SU Pear Pizzazz, an unknown shape of turquoise and deep espresso colors of Bazzill. The holly leaves were again painted with the Snow Cap paint and dipped in more Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter, as were the flourishes. Behind the spray, I've fashioned a banner similar to Tim's Tattered Banners Die which I don't have. It's a piece of his Kraft Resist Paper Stash that's been distressed and inked with the Vintage Photo Distress Ink too.

The pinecones are hand made by using the McGill Paper Blossoms punches. They were dabbed with the Snow Cap paint and also dipped in the glitter.

And, finally, I added several different types of fibers and seam binding from my stash.

Recipe:
Paper: unknown Bazzill turquoise and espresso colors, SU Pear Pizzazz and Paper Stash - Kraft Resist by Tim Holtz
Ink: Brilliance Moonlight White and Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Stamps: none
Accessories: Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplate Die, Sizzix Textured Impressions Snowflake embossing folder, Tim Holtz Festive Greenery die, Adirondack Lights Acrylic Paint Dabber in Snow Cap, Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter, Recollections Glitter Adhesive Dots, non-stick craft mat, Crafters Pick Glue, Basic Grey Holiday Chipboard, McGill Alpine Snowflake punch, McGill Floral Petals punch, McGill Craft Molding Mat and Tool Kit, various fibers and seam binding from my stash

Have a terrific Thursday everyone!

6 comments

  1. Lovely chipboard! I love the colours! Background blue is so vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee, you joined me (and who knows how many thousands) at the tag party!!! Very pretty...love your spray of greens and those pine cones with the use what you have punch are super great.

    It is going to be fun, Lee-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, Lee Anne! You have a gift for choosing gorgeous color schemes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!