Punched Poinsettia

It's the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast today, and our inspiration is Liberty, a fabulous emporium in the heart of London since 1875. I chose this beautiful classic book as my inspiration. Although it's red and dark charcoal gray, my card is red and black.


This is a standard A2 card base in Stampin' Up's Cherry Cobbler. Wish you could see the depth of this color...it hasn't translated well in my picture. The bottom part of the card base has been dry embossed. Next I used my Tim Holtz Ornate die to cut a piece of black cardstock. Don't you love the shape? Then that piece was scored every 1/2" and then taking a gold pen, I traced the score line to add a little more bling and to mimic the vertical lines on the book cover.


Now comes the fun! On a recent trip to Minneapolis, I ended up at Archivers, a veritable paper lover's heaven. Love these McGill punches to make my own flowers! The poinsettia was created with the Star Lily and the Starburst punches. This particular flower uses the two middle sizes from the Star Lily punch. First, punch eight sets of the shape, then using the tools from the tool kit, break down the paper to make it more pliable. Then shape and emboss the poinsettia leaves, again with the tool kit. Next I took my Cherry Cobbler ink and a gold pen and touched the leaves with them to add a little more definition. The green leaves of the poinsettia were shaped and embossed with the tool kit also. Next comes the glue...I love the recommended glue - Crafter's Pick. It's thick and holds so well. Arrange your poinsettia leaves on the Starburst base which has also been shaped with the tool kit. And finally, glue the green poinsettia leaves in behind. Then I added some Stickles for a little more bling.


The sentiment was stamped and embossed in gold. Then I slid one end of it into the Star Lily punch to mimic the shape of the poinsettia leaves. Next, I took my gold pen and edged the sentiment piece.


Recipe:

Paper: Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Always Artichoke and Brushed Gold

Ink: Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Basic Black

Stamp: Flourishes (sentiment)

Accessories: Big Shot Pro, Tim Holtz Ornate die, McGill Starlily and Starburst punches, McGill tool kit and molding mat, Crafter's Pick glue, gold pen, Scor-Pal, ruler, Sizzix Textured Impressions Snowflake embossing folder, misc. gold pearls and Christmas Red Stickles


Have a super Saturday, everyone!