Happiest

Friday, October 7, 2011

Over at Splitcoast today, we're doing the Free for All challenge - making your own designer paper and for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge - the colors green, yellow and brown. I love making my own designer papers!

I used the spritzed water color technique for my background today. To do this, I applied a combination or used a single color of ink to each of the leaf images and spritzed it with a mister before stamping onto my paper. Then I used the green color to ink up my background stamp and stamped it over top of the entire card. Easy peasy!

For the sentiment, I die cut my tag, stamped the sentiment onto it and then overstamped it with the leaf image. It's been layered over an embossed piece of card stock and layered again over a darker piece of card stock. The leaf was colored with a Gelly Roll Stardust pen for a little bling before popping it up on a dimensional and attaching it to the tag.

Recipe:
Paper: Stampin' Up Naturals White, Soft Suede and More Mustard
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Gathered Twigs and Wild Honey
Stamps: Club Scrap, Rubber Stampede and Stampin' Up! Field Flowers and Sanded (bg stamp) Accessories: Big Shot Pro, Spellbinders Fancy Tags, mister, Prima leaf, dimensionals, Gelly Roll Stardust pen, Sizzix Four Petal Flower embossing folder

Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

1 comment

  1. I had to pop over from SCS to see how you did your BG - it's perfect. Lee-Anne, what an amazingly lovely card - and very elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!