Wisteria Wonder Snowflakes

Friday, August 19, 2011

Over at Splitcoast today, we honoring snowmanqueen and our Free For All Challenge is dry embossing.

I've cased one of Carolyn's beautiful cards but changed it to a winter theme complete with Wisteria Wonder snowflakes.

My card base is a standard A2 in Wisteria Wonder. Next I took a 1 1/2" strip of Whisper White, split it, and placed it down the middle of the card. Then I took a 1" strip of designer paper and ran it through an embossing folder to give it some texture before placing it on the card.

I punched five snowflakes in the same card stock and sprayed them with Glimmer Mist. Next I took white brads, dipped them in Crystal Effects and then dipped them a chunky white glitter. After piercing a hole in the center of each snowflake, I took my button shank remover and snipped off the brads so that they wouldn't show behind the snowflakes.

The sentiment has been stamped and embossed in white. And that makes one more card for my Christmas stash...YEAH!

Recipe:
Stamps: Rubber Soul
Paper: Stampin' Up Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder and Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories: Big Shot Pro, Stampin' Up Square Lattice embossing folder, white embossing powder, 5/16" Neutrals Jumbo Brads, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, piercing tool, embossing buddy, Stampin' Glitter - Chunky Essentials in white (retired), dimensionals, button shank remover, heat tool, Glimmer Mist in Frost

Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!