Versamark Love

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Over at Splitcoast today, we're showing Versamark a little love! LOL! Versamark is such a fabulous tool, you can emboss with it, use it as a watermark, and use with with chalks...just to mention a few ideas. I had a little trouble photographing this today as I wanted you to see the sparkle but without the glare!

I used a 6 1/2" x 5" card base today and then stamped it with Versamark and heat set it to produce a watermark. Next I layered a dry embossed piece of pink card stock over some black.

To make the focal image, first I stamped the large image with Versamark. Especially when stamping a large image, but also useful in smaller images too, I always flip the stamp on it's back and take the ink pad to the stamp. It's so much easier to see where you've inked and to get good overall coverage. Once it was heat set, I colored it with chalks in pinks, oranges and greens. The I covered the entire piece with Versamark once again and heat embossed it with Irridescent Ice.

The sentiment is a large oval in black and a smaller oval that's been cut in half and pulled out to the edges of the larger oval. The label punch as been stamped in Versamark, heat embossed in black and then overstamped with Versamark yet again. My final step was to again heat emboss with Irridescent Ice.

So, I'm thinking I gave a lot of love to my Versamark pad today...don't you? If you haven't worked with one - try it...it's a lot of fun!

Recipe:
Stamps: Rubber Stampede Honeysuckle Background, Impression Obsession Small Butterfly and Inkadinkado
Paper: Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, and Basic Black; Xerox Picture Paper
Ink: well what else but VERSAMARK! LOL!
Accessories: Big Shot Pro; Couture Creations Diamond Trellis embossing folder; Pebbles Inc. Pearlescent Chalking Set; heat gun; Stampin' Up Irridescent Ice, Extra Large Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Designer Label Large Punch (retired)

Have a fabulous Thursday everyone!



1 comment

  1. Wow, I love your card Lee-Anne, just so fabulously rich looking. That embossing is cool. Haven't done embossing for a while. Very inspiring my dear. :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!