Faux Silk

For the Technique Lovers Challenge at Splitcoast today...faux silk with a twist. By adding sponging, glitter, chalk, alcohol inks, etc. just to add something different to the faux silk technique.

Haven't done faux silk? Here's how it's done. Take a piece of tissue paper and stamp it with your image or images. Now crinkle it up...wad it up in your hand...whatever works to get a bit of texture. Next, glue it to a piece of cardstock, leaving some of the wrinkles in.

Rather than gluing it to a square, circle, or whatever...I chose to rip the edges and just add it to my cardbase. You can make a more finished or structured looking piece by adding it to a square of cardstock, a diecut, or perhaps a circle.

I used a piece of pale pink tissue paper and stamped my image on it in Basic Gray. And then for my twist...I painted the flowers, leaves and butterflies with LuminArte H2O's before I glued it to my cardbase.

The sentiment has been stamped in Basic Gray and die cut. I then punched out several branches in Basic Gray and layered them behind the paper roses. A simple bow with one more paper rose finishes off my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Rubber Stampede and Waltzingmouse
Paper: pink tissue paper, Stampin' Up Basic Black and Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray
Accessories: LuminArte H20s in Chiffon Pink and Pear Blossom, Big Shot, Nestabilities Labels 18, Martha Stewart branch punch, paper roses, Michaels ribbon.

Happy 4th of July to my readers in the United States!