Butterfly Tag

Monday, July 25, 2011


I've used the MOJO201 sketch today for this card. You could choose to do a round or a square sketch and round sounded good to this girl!

To create the round base, I used my largest Lacy Circle Spellbinder's die. To make the round base I used a piece of black card stock that was 10" x 5". Next I scored it so that I had a 5" x 5" square. Leave your scored line just inside the top of your die, that way you've got an edge that holds the circles together.

On top of that I layered a circle of designer paper that had been cut with a round nestie. On top of that is another circle in a different designer paper cut in the same size. Then I took and cut half of it away.

Two rectangles of cardstock were cut 2 3/4" x 1 1/4". The two rectangles have been dry embossed with the same embossing folder. A piece of 5/8" grosgrain ribbon goes over top of the black rectangle and behind the green one.

I tied a simple bow in the two tone ribbon and layered it over a tag that I made with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and a punch. To color the butterfly on the tag, I simply inked up the side of the embossing folder that protrudes, and thereby getting the reverse embossed look. Two little buttons are the final touches for this card.

Recipe:
Stamps: none
Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White and some retired Designer Series Papers
Ink: Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Wizard, Spellbinders Lacy Circles die, Small Circles die, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Collage embossing folder, Stampin' Up Houndstooth embossing folder, 1 3/4" circle punch, Stampin' Up 5/8" Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, retired SU buttons and ribbon.

Have a fabulous Monday everyone!

6 comments

  1. Wow Lee-Anne,

    Thats a whole lot of embossing going on there - I bet your card would be pleasing to the eyes as well as the fingertips! I think your color combo is very bold and overall a terrific interpretation of the mojo sketch. Bravo!

    Hope you have a good week.

    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things black and white, especially DOTS!! And anyone in my family will tell you that my favorite color is whatever that is...
    (I always called it Chartreuse but I think it has many other names that are easier to spell these days). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colour combo, it really has the wow factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. The color combination really stands out! Sabrina @ sabrioletdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card! I love the colours, and the circle. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! I love the colors:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!