Old World Map

Monday, June 20, 2011


A fun challenge today over at Splitcoast. The Technique Lover's Challenge is "Old World Look". So basically...distress, tear, ink, sand...whatever works!

The cardbase is a standard A2 in Pool Party, which is a new color from Stampin' Up! available July 1st. It's been stamped in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The next layer is a piece of Bazzill textured cardstock. I've used the Direct to Paper technique to give it an aged look and it's been torn. The next layer is a piece of Stampin' Up! Ivory Naturals that's had the heck beaten out of it! It's been stamped, ripped, inked with the Vintage Photo and Faded Jeans Distress ink. Then it was spritzed with water and dried with a heat gun.

The top layer is again a piece of Pool Party that's been stamped, ripped, spritzed and dried in the same manner. I didn't have any brads that were the appropriate color, so I used one of my Copics to change the color somewhat.

Recipe:
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous and Inkadinkado
Paper: Stampin' Up! Pool Party and Ivory Naturals; Bazzill
Ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Faded Jeans Distress inks
Accessories: JudiKins Extra Fine Mist Spritzer; Stampin' Up! sanding blocks, Cutter Kit, Distressing Essentials Kit, and Antique Brads; and E29 Burnt Umber Copic

Hope you're having a marvelous Monday!

3 comments

  1. I love this card. I have been back to look at it dozens of times. Felt it was time I finally told you so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!