The challenge police are coming...

Monday, June 13, 2011


after me today! But, in my defense, this was square until I cut the doily! Does that work?

This is for two Splitcoast challenges today - the CAS challenge and the Technique Lover's Challenge. Both were for a quilted look, however the CAS challenge sketch clearly shows a square! Oops! Do the little squares inside my doily count???

OK, here's how to make this. I punched 1 1/4" squares in two types of designer papers - four of one pattern and five of the other. Next I punched the flowers and the dots. They were all layered on top of one another to make each square. Next I used my Mat Pack and piercing tool to go around each square. Next, I used my Signo gel pen to do the faux stitching around each square. Then, I glued all the squares together to make the 9 square grid. Once I was done that, I used the Cheery Lynn doily die to cut out my doily.

It's been popped up on dimensionals on a plain 5 1/2" square card base. The sentiment has just been simply stamped in the corner in Close to Cocoa.

Recipe:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse

Paper: SU retired designer series paper and Pink Pirouette

Ink: SU Close to Cocoa

Accessories: SU Mat Pack, piercing tool, Signo Gel Pen, dimensionals, Boho Blossoms Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Cheery Lynn Designs doily die, Big Shot

That's it! Hope you have a super Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!