Inspiration

Saturday, May 14, 2011



Inspiration surrounds us. Look around you...pillows, tissue boxes, flowers in your garden, or perhaps it's a piece of art in your home. My inspiraton today is from Doodletart Glass - this beautiful peacock. In examining this piece, alcohol inks came to mind. I haven't used them in ages - so long that all my metallic mixatives have turned hard. LOL!! So I proceeded to use my regular alcohol inks until I was happy with the colors. The colors used were Wild Plum, Butterscotch and Stream. The peacock was done with the Stream and Wild Plum colors and then outlined with a gold metallic marker. And, finally, a simple rhinestone for the eye.

The birdcage and peacock are dies from Marianne Creatables. Cool aren't they? This bird and the cage represent freedom in this picture...the freedom to create. Now it's your turn...pull out some of your crafting goodies and feel the freedom! Have a beautiful day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!