CAS Birthday

Hmm, CAS design...I find it rather subjective, don't you? What really makes a card a CAS design? Is it the number of layers? Is it the simplicity of the overall design? I find CAS designing a somewhat difficult thing sometimes. Although this has just two layers, there's a lot going on...paper piecing, Copic coloring, scrunched ribbon. Does that just add interest or is it too much for a CAS design. I'd like your opinions!

Step one - the image from Some Odd Girl was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. Then colored with Copics: 0, BG11, BG72, BG75, C5, C7, C9, E000, E02, E15, E33, E51, E81, G21, G28, G82, W1, Y000, Y13, Y15, and YR24. I outlined the main image with the W1 and that's also what I used for my shadowing. This is my first shot at trying to make a balloon transparent. That's definitely going to take some practice!

Step two - paper piecing of the skirt and socks. These are done in Prima Madeline.

Step three - scrunched ribbon hairband. This is a little piece of SU Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon that I added some BG72 to so that the color was slightly deeper and fit in with the color scheme. I used a strip of 1/8" Scor-Tape to scrunch the ribbon.

Step four - sentiment. Simply stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.

Step five - cover the coloring boo boo. I cut out a bee from a previously colored Fluffles image that I had sitting on my table. It has a little bit of Stardust Stickles on the wings.

Step six - covered a Gina K heavy weight cardstock cardbase with a piece of Prima Madeline and then distressed it with a SU Sanding Block.

Well, that's it for today. Happy Memorial Day to all my American friends and family!