Another two post day!

Monday, May 16, 2011


Here's great tutorial on paper buttons. You know... you're making a card, and go through your embellies only to find you don't have the perfect button to finish your card. Well here's the solution.

I made my paper button with the butterfly punch from Stampin' Up!, but you could use any punch that strikes your fancy for this. What I found was my designer paper changed color after I used the Crystal Effects on it, so I ended up using different colors for my card than originally planned. The cardback is a regular A2 size and has been scored twice at the top and bottom. Then I used the Lacy Squares nestabilities to make the black and white layers. The floral stamp is from a set from Inkadinkado called Garden Delight. It's been both stamped and stamped off. The sentiment is from a retired Stampin' Up! set called Bella Blossoms. A little bit of hemp twine and done!

Paper: Dusty Durango from Stampin' Up! (retired), Basic Black and Whisper White
Designer Paper: Love Letters from Stampin' Up!
Ink: Dusty Durango from Stampin' Up! and Memento Basic Black

1 comment

  1. Great butterfly button! The Dusty Durango and Black are a great colour combo! Really striking card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!